Home > Training courses > Operational Mission Training > Operationnal Courses > Hoist Operator Training - Type Conversion
Hoist Operator Training - Type ConversionDownload the description of this course in a PDF format:
The objective of this Hoist Operator Training - Type Conversion course is to provide the Helicopter Hoist Operator (HHO) with a consistent training based on the procedures to be applied on an aircraft equipped with or without Autopilot SAR mode.
After successful completion of this training course, the HHO will be able to use the hoist as well as the equipments installed in the cabin with safety and efficiency.
Important notice: This course can be associated with our SAR Systems Training course of the Pilot Training section.
Course content> THEORETICAL INSTRUCTION:
• Aircraft & systems presentation and limitations
• Hoist & SAR systems presentation and limitations
• Normal and emergency procedures for hoist operations
• Phraseology and guidance suitable for the aircraft type
• Intercommunication system
> PRACTICAL INSTRUCTION:
• Overview and test of all systems or interfaces installed inside the helicopter cabin
• Hoist operation practice with embarked personnel and SAR equipment
• Hoist procedure completed with a loaded sand bag and customer SAR equipment (if compatible with the aircraft type)
• Hoist sequences will be adapted to the trainees background and aircraft equipments (i.e.: ground, ship, sea, clear and confined areas, day/night, Night Vision Goggles)
• Emergency procedures: aircraft and equipment malfunction simulation (e.g.: hoist, intercommunication, engine failures)
CertificateAfter successful course completion, the trainee will be awarded an AHTS certificate.
All course duration is indicative and subject to changes, according to the trainees’ experience
Note: If the aircraft is installed with a dedicated SAR console in the cabin, training duration will be extended.