Helicopter Landing Officer (HLO)Download the description of this course in a PDF format:
The Helicopter Landing Officer (HLO) course provides knowledge and proficiency to control the response to offshore helideck emergencies and routine operations, through an innovative concept focused on a Virtual Environment System.
Prerequisites> APPLICANTS MUST:
• Have previously served as Helideck Assistants / Attendants on an offshore installation
• Have some previous experience of handling helicopters, either onshore or offshore
Course content• Helicopter hazards identification & localization
• Helideck characteristics & equipment
• Helicopter landing & departure supervision
• Helicopter loading / unloading
• Passengers embarking / disembarking
• Refueling operations, fuel quality check
• Cargo handling
• Communication & helideck signposting
• Emergency procedures & control of fire-fighting operations
• Specificity of main aircraft used during offshore operation
Optional: Hands-on refueling operations & fuel quality check
CertificateAfter successful course completion, the trainee will be awarded an AHTS certificate.
Advantages• Mobility, through our Learning Management System (LMS), Computer Aided Instruction (CAI) and Virtual Mobile Simulation System
• Proximity, with capabilities to provide the course in customer premises
• Safety improvement, thanks to the technical capabilities of the Virtual Environment to replay routine operations, emergency circumstances, weather conditions
• Innovation, with the Helmet Mounted Display providing the ultimate experience on virtual offshore rigs
• Quality, with the benefit of our recognized training expertise
|Training will be delivered on the customer premises, avoiding any trips and
accommodation costs for Oil & Gas personnel.
BEYOND OPITO REGULATIONSCompared to OPITO standards, our HLO course contains some additional subjects aimed at improving safety: meteorological observer capabilities, aeronautical basic knowledge or dangerous goods regulation.
Flexible Offer• Wet lease: Full course delivery (instructor / courseware and simulator)
• Dry lease: Lease of courseware and simulator
Customized courses may be given according to customer particular needs (e.g.: specific procedures, focus on a single aircraft)
* Hands-on refueling operations & fuel quality check
All course duration is indicative and subject to changes, according to the trainees’ experience